Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Loco Moco
It’s Wednesday, and I’m still fighting that sad feeling that our trip is almost over. I remind myself that we still have today. If I let it, today could be a wonderful day.
As usual, we are all wide awake very early and ready to go. By starting at the break of dawn we sure are making the most of our days here. Kevin sleeps in while Mom, Dad, Terri, Cindy, and I head out to a restaurant that Cindy has found. It’s called the Hawaiian Style Café and is known for serving traditional Hawaiian breakfast. I love trying new types of food and can’t wait! I’ve already decided I’m going to go for the Loco Moco! I’ve never had it, but am game for the experience. There are many variations, but the traditional Loco Moco consists of white rice, topped with a hamburger patty, a fried egg, and brown gravy. Yum!
We arrive just as they open. There is already a small line waiting to get in. We get our table with no problems and start looking over the menu. Special thanks goes to Dana, our server for her friendly and “with it” service. Hawaiian Style Café is known for serving huge portions. We are all hungry but are no match for the enormous plates of food that arrive shortly after we order. Dana could tell we were worried about leaving so much food on our plates, so she let us know the pigs at a local farm get all the leftovers. Midway through our meal, the restaurant has filled. There still isn’t a line, but I can tell one will be forming later this morning. The house-made Loco Moco was a hit. I will definitely come back the next time I’m in Hawaii.
As we sit side-by-side so early in the morning eating our wonderful meals, I’m quietly grateful for this time together. I have such a wonderful family. Thanks, Hawaii, for this magical time together.
By the way, if you want to give Hawaiian Style Café a try, here is the address: 65-1290 Kawaihae Rd, Waimea, HI 96743.
If you want to read more about my Hawaiian family vacation, check out the previous blogs in this series:
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Live in the Moment
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Perceiving Is Alive and Well
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—The Krakken
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—A Three-Hour Tour
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Early Morning and Ready to Go
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Dining by the Sea
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—A Life of Love
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—My Preferences Do Not Limit My Behavior
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Step II Facets in Action
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Step II™ Planful, Out-of-Preference
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—NF Blessing, NF Curse
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Lifelong Type Development with Eggs and Bacon on the Side
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Father’s Day Too!
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—INFP Preferences in Overdrive
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Extraverted Intuition Meets Introverted Sensing
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Day One Adventure
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—Out-of-Preference Planful
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary—We Have Arrived!
- Celebrating a 60th Wedding Anniversary