Some U.S.-based practitioners are able to purchase The Myers-Briggs Company products right away by verifying their educational and/or professional license eligibility. Please note that Educational Eligibility is only applicable in the United States. Criteria for becoming certified on our instruments may vary by region and differ from U.S. requirements. Please complete the Global Sales Form.
Our eligibility requirements help ensure that each practitioner fully understands the best and most ethical way to administer, interpret, and apply our assessments—and is able to help produce the greatest benefit each time a tool is used.
If you hold a master’s or doctoral degree in psychology or a related field and/or hold a specific state license or national or state certification (see the lists below), you are considered educationally eligible. This means you are already qualified to purchase and use our assessments.*
- Clinical Psychology master’s/doctoral degree
- Counselor Education master’s/doctoral degree
- Counseling and Personnel Services master’s/doctoral degree
- Counseling Psychology master’s/doctoral degree
- Educational Psychology master’s/doctoral degree
- Human Resources Development master’s/doctoral degree
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology master’s/doctoral degree
- Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy master’s/doctoral degree
- Mental Health Counseling master’s/doctoral degree
- Organizational Development master’s/doctoral degree
- Organizational Leadership master’s doctoral degree
- Personnel Psychology master’s/doctoral degree
- Social Psychology master’s/doctoral degree
- Social Work master’s/doctoral degree
- Student Development/Affairs master’s/doctoral degree
- Vocational Rehabilitation master’s/doctoral degree
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- State-Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- State-Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- State-Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- State-Licensed Psychologist
- National Certified Career Counselor (NCCC)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- International Certified Vocational Evaluator (ICVE)
If your degree, license or certification is listed above, you are educationally eligible to purchase and use our assessments. We still recommend that you attend a certification program, in order to gain an understanding of the context of your chosen assessment, including theory, construction, psychometric properties and applications. To register as educationally eligible, log in and update your status here.
RELATED DEGREES/LICENSES THAT ARE NOT LISTED
If your training and education is not on the approved list for educational eligibility, you will need to attend certification training, which will equip you with knowledge and resources to work with the assessments.
* Educational eligibility allows for the purchase and use of all restricted materials except the MBTI® Step III™ instrument. CPI™ 434 and ACL can be purchased only by practitioners who have established their educational eligibility.