MBTI Type & Research in the News
3 min. read
You’ve probably seen an article or two about the MBTI assessment in your media feeds, possibly noting that it’s the most popular personality assessment on the market. Or perhaps you’ve read an article questioning the MBTI assessment’s validity.
What you may not have seen though are the countless positive articles that’ve come out defending the MBTI framework or sharing how it can help with communication, change management, leadership development, and more.
They likely never made it into your feed, because the controversial articles (that get the most comments) are the ones that media outlets and social networks tend to push to keep people engaged and staying on their website.
As they say (rather callously in our opinion) in the news world, “if it bleeds, it leads.”
To counter that, below are a sampling of the top positive articles about the MBTI framework, and other Myers-Briggs Company personality assessments and research published in 2022:
- HR Morning: 2023 employee experience: Trends HR needs to know now
- Forbes: Planning a Major Organizational Change? Personality Type Can Help
- Business Journals: The mistake bosses are making on mental health — and how to fix it (behind a paywall)
- HR Daily Advisor: Can Conflict at Work Lead to Quiet Quitting?
- Canadian HR Reporter: Why workplace conflict isn't always a bad thing // PDF
- ATD.org: Achieving Equity Through Understanding Conflict
- HR Dive: Managers spend 4 hours a week on conflict, Myers-Briggs study says
- Forbes: Why And How Innovative Organizations Welcome Conflict
- HR Reporter (Canada): Webinar - Why personality type matters with the return to the office
- Strategic HR Review: Using personality type to engage and retain remote, hybrid and office-based workers
- HR Strategy and Planning Excellence: Personality Type And Return To The Office Policies (page 34)
- HR.com: Personality Type And Return To The Office Policies
- Newsweek: The Perfect workplace Environment For Introverts And Extroverts Revealed
- BenefitsPro: Rolling out return-to office-plans? What to consider before making it a mandate
- Canadian HR Reporter: Should workers personalities be considered in return-to-office planning?
- TD.org: Using the MBTI Approach for Team Development in the Hybrid Workplace
- Training Industry: How to Create a Hybrid Work Environment That Increases Employee Satisfaction and Retention
- Board Leadership: Board Diversity: Is it Important and How Are We Doing?
- HR Dive: Ask your employees: Myers-Briggs says employers should personalize return-to-office plans
- Forbes: How To Foster An Inclusive Culture In A Diverse Organization
- LinkedIn Insights: What you should know about personality tests
- Recruiter.com: Surviving Change in Stressful Times with Personality Type
- Coaching At Work: Conflicting Thoughts
- Newsweek: If You're an Extrovert, Here Are The Personalities You Are Compatible With (via Myers-Briggs)
- Newsweek: Logical and Reserved? How To Know if You Have an ISTP Personality Type (via Myers-Briggs)
- Forbes: How To Build A More Effective Hybrid Workplace: Pay Closer Attention To Employee Needs
- ATD: Never Use the MBTI Assessment for Hiring or Selection
- Toolbox: Personality and Demographics Influence Pandemic Reactions: Tech Provides the Necessary Flexibility
- WSJ: Many Introverts Dread the Office Return. Some Also Can’t Wait
- As Told By Nomads Podcast, with Jeri Bingham: Challenges of An Introverted Black Woman in Leadership with Jeri Bingham
- ATD.org: Shaping the Future of Work for Introverts
- Authority Magazine: Remote Work: Marta Koonz Of The Myers-Briggs Company On How To Successfully Navigate The Opportunities & Challenges Of Working Remotely Or From Home
- Talent Culture: Better Pay Isn’t Always the Key to Retaining Talent
- HR.com: Conflict and the Hybrid Worker
Want to see more of the MBTI and other personality assessments in the news? Check out our Newsroom where you can also search articles by year and topic.
Interested in our upcoming webinars or conferences? Head over to the Events page.