This section is designed to assist those who are seeking permission to use The Myers-Briggs Company’s materials in ways that are permitted by our branding and licensing policies. Please note the following:
- Not All Requests Granted - While we receive many requests from our fans and users of our products and services, we cannot grant every request for permission we receive. Only those requests that are permitted by our branding and licensing policies will be eligible for review;
- Processing Time - Your permission request will be reviewed in the order in which it was received. Permission requests can take up to ten (10) business days to process;
- Photocopying - Please note that we do not not grant permission to photocopy assessments (in whole or in part) and strictly limit the reproduction of our materials for college course packs;
- Ordering Materials - The permissions process is intended for those who would like to request permission to use our materials via license. Licenses may not be used to circumvent purchasing our product. If you are interested in ordering materials, please contact email@example.com.
- Research - If you are interested in requesting permission to use one of our assessments for limited, academic research purposes, please visit our Research Support site.
- Eligibility to Use Materials for Research – If your request involves administration of one or more of our Restricted Instruments, then we require a written Eligibility Form in addition to your request for a license. Where a student is requesting access to restricted assessment materials, proper use must be supervised by the professor who co-signs the Eligibility Form.
After reading the guidelines above, if you would like to submit a request for permission to use our materials, please use the form below.
PLEASE NOTE: BY SUBMITTING THE FORM BELOW, YOU ARE ONLY SUBMITTING A REQUEST FOR PERMISSION. PERMISSION IS NOT GRANTED AUTOMATICALLY AFTER YOU SUBMIT THE FORM; IF WE CHOOSE TO GRANT YOUR REQUEST, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN A WRITTEN PERMISSION AGREEMENT. SOME PERMISSION AGREEMENTS REQUIRE A FEE.
Certification LogosTo become eligible to use certain of our assessments, including the MBTI®, Strong Interest Inventory®, and CPI 260® instruments, practitioners must complete authorized Certification Programs that advance their knowledge, skills, and professional development. If you are a Certified Practitioner of these assessments, you can get permission to use our Certified Logos.
To license our Certified Logos, review the Trademark Guidelines and then apply to use a Certified Logo.
Review our Trademark Guidelines
Apply to use our certified logos